Parish Reopening Information
As we continue to make the phased transition back into the sacramental life, we want to echo the recommendations from the Diocese for all who are vulnerable or uncomfortable to stay safe and remain home for the time being.
Masses will be held Saturday, August 8 at 5:00pm and on Sunday, August 9 at 8:00 am, 10:00am (live streamed) and 12 Noon. Mass will be held in church. Sign up at link below. No changes or additions can be made after Saturday at 1:00pm.
Safety precautions to observe at all times:
- Prior to coming to church, please take a moment to go through a health protocol self-checklist. If you experience any of the symptoms, we ask that you stay home.
- You must sanitize your hands upon entering the church. We will have sanitizers at the doorway.
- You must wear a mask or face covering upon entering the church and for the duration of your time inside.
- You must stay within the designated areas that are in place to adhere to the social distancing measures.
- Only one door off the main parking lot will be open to enter, you may exit any Narthex door.
- Follow the 6’ social distancing at all times.
- Please follow the guidance of the ministers present who will direct you, seat you, or answer questions.
- We will be working hard between the Masses to sanitize our Worship Space and prepare it for future use throughout the day.
- The dispensation from the Sunday obligation remains in place indefinitely.
- If you are fearful or have any reluctance to return to Sunday observance at this time, you should not do so.
- Those most susceptible to contracting COVID-19 by virtue of age, medical condition or other vulnerability should not attend the in-person Mass.
- Online reservations are required for Weekend Masses. Please click here to register. For those who do not have access to a computer or need assistance with this process, please contact the parish office at 630-615-7656.
- No changes or additions can be made after Saturday at 1:00pm.
- Please arrive to Mass early; the doors will open at 4:30 pm on Saturday and 7:30 am, 9:30am and 11:30 am, respectively on Sunday. Ministers will escort you to your seats. The doors will be locked at 5 min prior to start time to allow the Mass to begin on time.
- There will not be worship aids or hymnals in the pews.
- At the present time we are asking the congregation not to sing as advised by the CDC.
- There is still no handshake of peace.
- Follow directions of the usher and observe social distancing to receive communion.
- Communion will be distributed in the hand only. Communion from the cup is discontinued indefinitely.
- After receiving communion, step to the side, remove your mask and consume the precious host, then secure your mask.
- After the final blessing and dismissal, you will be guided by an usher for departure.
- Please follow social distancing at all times upon departure.
- With regard to our weekly collection, we encourage you to continue to give online or by mail for the safety of our ministers and money counters. This can be done by clicking here and creating an account. For those who cannot do so, we will place a collection basket in the narthex for you to drop off your offerings upon entering or exiting the church.
- Weekday Masses: The doors will be locked at 8:25 am allow the Mass to begin on time.
- Please follow the same social distancing protocols in place for Sunday Masses.
- For those who do not have access to a computer or need assistance with this process, please contact the parish office at 630-615-7656.
- We will continue to livestream the daily Mass.
Confession – Thursday at 5:00pm.
- Confession will be held in Church.
- You must maintain six feet distance between each other.
- Masks or face covering should be worn.
- You DO NOT have to sign up for confessions.
Adoration – Tuesdays and Thursdays following morning mass until 1 pm. (This scheduled event will change if there is a funeral).
The church and chapel will be open for private prayer after the 8:30 am mass till 1pm, Monday thru Thursday. We will close the church when a funeral takes place, be sure to check the web site for details.
We will begin just baptizing one infant at a time in July. Number of people present will depend on what is allowed at that time. Please call Deacon Kurt to set up time. Masks or face covering will be needed.
At this point weddings can be scheduled, but we are limited to 100 people. Guidelines are the same as mass.
Religious Education/ Youth Faith Formation – Fall 2020
Our current plan is to start Faith Formation the first week in October. The first four weeks will be done virtually with the hope that we can get back to in person classes sometime in November. Days and times of classes will vary depending on the catechist and class. Registration will be up and running soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
The parish staff is working during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you need to conduct business during these times, please make an appointment with the staff member you would like to meet with. Walk-ins are not allowed in the parish office at this time.
This guideline will be updated as things change.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the other things going on:
- Homebound Parishioners
For parishioners who are not able to attend one of the Masses during the week and would like to receive Communion please contact Barry O’Donnell at the Pastoral Care Office. (630-615-7613 or firstname.lastname@example.org) One of our homebound Pastoral Care ministers will contact you to set up a time to visit. Due to Covid you are asked to wear a mask and if possible to receive outside for social distancing.
- Masses are live-streamed daily. You can view the Masses at anytime by clicking on the link above or visiting our Facebook page.
- We are filming “Church Chats” on Facebook – short videos by staff and parishioners about a variety of topics from personal stories to special teachings. Click here to go directly to our “Church Chats” video playlist.
- Mass Intentions are still able to be booked. Contact Lois at email@example.com. She can give you a firm date for the Mass and mail the memorial card.
- The Service Commission has been making face masks for parishioners in need, please contact Barry if you need one. We are in need of elastic and elastic bands to make more masks. Please contact Barry if you have some to donate.
- We are collecting food for Hesed House and the West Suburban Food Pantry in Woodridge. Hesed House needs single serve non-perishable microwaveable food, water bottles and single serve pop top foods that do not need can openers (chunky soups, tuna, Dinty More Stews). West Suburban would take any contributions like Loaves and Fishes. Loaves and Fishes is still receiving our envelope financial contributions. Any food contributions can be left outside the church doors on the right side between the hours of 8am-2pm. Any questions please email Barry.
- The leaders of the Monday Rosary are praying together via Zoom. Join them at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/
73275681473?pwd= ZHJlYkFIM2sreFgvSmQyNXFIdFNyUT 09. CODE: 732 7568 1473 Password: 3FWLLC
- Music Groups are not able to gather at this time, however we are staying connected through ZOOM. Hopefully we may gather sometime soon and keep our repertoire current by singing through the face masks and keeping social distance. We are always interested in new membership (see the web site for the various music groups and instrumentalists opportunities). Children’s choirs may need to wait longer till a safe policy is in place from the diocese for us to start up. Continue to keep singing and giving God praise through the gift of music.