It is the policy of the Dioceses of Joliet to have all employees and volunteers working with our youth and vulnerable adults to have completed and fulfilled specific requirements prior to beginning services, and a record of such information be maintained. These requirements apply to all who, “are involved with minors on a regular, recurring basis, and those who may have an opportunity to be alone with children during parish, school or religious education sponsored events.”
To ensure our youth and vulnerable adults’ safety, the Diocese of Joliet adopted the Protecting God’s Children (PGC) program. As mandated by the Diocese of Joliet, St. Raphael Parish and School requires our volunteers (over the age of 17) who work with our children and/or vulnerable adults, in any capacity and for any length of time, to attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop, as well as undergo a criminal background check prior to providing volunteer services. Please contact the Parish’s PGC Coordinator at 630-615-7629 for questions regarding the Protecting God’s Children Program.
Pastoral Policy Regarding Sexual Abuse of Minors
Standards of Behavior to Safeguard Against Child Abuse – Revised 2014
Acknowledgement Form (indicating you have read the above two documents)
Registration for PGC Workshops
To view the schedule of or to register for a Protecting God’s Children Workshop, both on-site and other locations, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the VirtusOnline website at www.virtusonline.org
- Select “First-Time Registrant” on the left side of screen under the sign-in box.
- Select one of the following:
- Begin the registration process
- View a list of sessions
- Click here to watch a brief tutorial on the pre-registration process. (The tutorial is recommended; after viewing, select “Begin the registration process”)When prompted to choose your organization, select “Joliet, IL (Diocese)”. The system will continue to prompt you for additional information. You will then be shown a list of available sessions and allowed to register for the session of your choice.
Abuse Resources & Contact Numbers
IL Department of Children and Family Services: 800-252-2873
Diocese of Joliet Victims Assistance Minister: 815-263-6467