Stephen Ministry is a group of lay people who are trained to provide one-to-one Christian care to hurting people in our parish. Stephen Ministry is based on the idea that all Christians are ministers. The responsibility for passing on God’s love is for all of us.
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. God does not intend for you to struggle alone.
Are you in need…
of a caring, Christian who will listen, empathize, encourage,
pray, provide confidential care, and patiently support you
as you work through a crisis or difficult time?
Do you know someone…
perhaps a friend, neighbor, coworker, colleague, or relative,
who could benefit from this type of care?
Contact one of our Stephen Leaders listed below
They can tell you more about our Ministry
and how you — or your friend —
can be matched with a Stephen Minister.
A Stephen Minister provides confidential, one-to-one Christian care to people who are:
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- Lonely or discouraged
- Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- Unemployed or in a job crisis
- Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- Moving or relocating
- New to the congregation or the community
- Anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
- Homebound or institutionalized
- Transitioning into retirement
- Dealing with the crisis of aging
- Facing a life transition
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis
- Victims of a disaster or accident
And for people facing countless other crises or life challenges or who are going through a difficult time and could benefit from the care of a supportive Christian friend.
A Stephen Minister is …
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person;
- A caring Christian who really listens;
- A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care;
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs;
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say—and even your identity—confidential; and
- Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is NOT …
- A counselor or therapist;
- A problem-solver;
- Someone who runs errands or helps with chores; or
- A casual visitor.
Our trained Stephen Ministers are prepared to provide you with the confidential, one-to-one Christian care you need to make it through a crisis or help you through a difficult time.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”