Thank you for your interest in registering your child(ren) in our Religious Education/Youth Faith Formation Program for 2018-2019! THE FINAL DAY TO REGISTER FOR THE YEAR IS OCTOBER 31, 2018.
You must be a registered parishioner at St. Raphael’s in order to enroll your child(ren). You can become a parishioner by attending a gathering following the 9:00 am Mass on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month. Click here to learn more about becoming a parishioner.
Grades 1-6 (Religious Education)
- All classes will be held weekly in the St. Raphael school building.
- Grades 1, 2, 3, and 4– Classes are offered on Sundays from 6:15-7:30 pm and on Tuesdays from 4:15-5:30 pm. Classes begin on September 23/25.
**Please note: our 1st, 2nd & 4th grade Tuesday classes are filled to capacity.
- Grades 5 and 6– Classes are offered on Mondays from 6:15-7:30 pm. Classes begin on September 24.
- Students must attend classes for two consecutive years in order to receive their First Holy Communion. Therefore, parents should enroll their child in first grade if they wish for their child to receive the sacrament in second grade. Children beyond second grade will be enrolled in our Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) program for two years to prepare for First Communion.
Grades 7-10 (Youth Faith Formation)
- Grade 7– meets on Tuesday nights in the school from 6:30-7:45pm starting on October 2nd.
- Grade 8 is the start of the Confirmation Program. Students will meet on Sundays in the home of the catechist at times to be determined. Small groups will be formed based on catechist’s request, size and location of the catechist’s home, common schools, or other circumstances. The program begins on Sunday, September 30th at 12:30pm Mass and continues until 4:30pm. Classes start on October 14th.
- Grade 9 continues the Chosen Confirmation Program. Students will be with the same small group unless indicated otherwise. Any student registering for 9th grade must have completed the first half of the program in 8th grade. Classes will start on September 30th.
- Grade 10– Students who have completed the previous two years of the Confirmation Program will receive the Sacrament on Saturday, October 27th. Registration and sacramental fee payment are required in order to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Upon completion of the registration process below, you will be directed to Our Sunday Visitor (OSV) to pay your tuition and fees. Please use the Tuition Worksheet to determine the payment amount.
- When using OSV, payment may be made via your checking account or by debit/credit card.
You may choose to create a new account if you don’t have one already, or choose to do a quick give.
Under gift information please select YFF Fees.
- Payment must be made before your child will be placed in a class.
- Please note that a $20 per child late fee will be assessed for registrations and payments received after July 31.
- Step 1: Print, complete and return the Medical Form to the Religious Education Office. (This form must be on file before your child’s first class.)
- Step 2: Print and complete the Tuition Worksheet.
- Step 3: Register your child(ren) by clicking here.
- Step 4: Look for an email confirming your registration.
If you have any questions, please contact Renee Cwik in the Religious Education Office at (630) 615-7614.