Thank you for your interest in registering your child(ren) in our Religious Education/Youth Faith Formation Program for 2019-2020!
You must be a registered parishioner at St. Raphael in order to enroll your child(ren). You can become a parishioner by attending a gathering following the 9:00 am Mass on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month. Click here to learn more about becoming a parishioner.
Grades 1-6 (Religious Education)
- All classes will be held weekly in the St. Raphael school building.
- Grades 1 through 6 – Classes are offered on Sundays from 6:15-7:30 pm. Classes begin on September 15. **2nd grade, 4th grade & 5th grade Sundays are closed
- Grades 5 and 6 – Classes are offered on Mondays from 6:15-7:30 pm. Classes begin on September 16.
- Grades 1 through 4 – Classes are offered on Tuesdays from 4:15-5:30pm. Classes begin on September 17.
- First Holy Communion – Preparation for First Communion is a two-year program. Therefore, parents should enroll their child in 1st grade if they wish for their child to receive the sacrament in 2nd second. For students in 2nd grade who did not attend a 1st grade program, parents should contact the Religious Education Office. Students beyond 2nd grade who need First Communion should enroll in the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) program.
Grades 7-10 (Youth Faith Formation)
- Grade 7 – Classes are offered on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:45 pm in the school building. Classes begin on October 1.
- Grade 8 is the start of the Confirmation Program. Students will meet on Sundays in the home of the catechist at times to be determined. Small groups will be formed based on catechist request, size and location of the catechist’s home, common schools, or other circumstances. The program begins on Sunday, September 29 at 12:30pm Mass and continues until 4:30pm. Classes start on October 6.
- Grade 9 continues the Confirmation Program. Students will generally be in the same group as in 8th grade. Any student registering for 9th grade must have completed the 8th grade program. Classes begin on September 29.
- Grade 10 – Students who have completed the first two years of the Confirmation Program will receive the Sacrament in the Fall (date TBD). Completion of the Student Registration Form and payment of the Sacramental Fee are required to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Please note that the registration process is completed only when the online registration form is completed and payment is made in full. Only when we have received both your form and payment will your child be considered enrolled and placed in a class. (If a tuition waiver is required, please contact the Religious Education Office.) Enrollment and placement will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Step 1: Print and complete the Tuition Worksheet.
- Step 2: Print, complete and return the Medical Form to the Religious Education Office. A scanned or emailed form with signature is acceptable. This form must be on file prior to your child’s first class.
- Step 3: Print, complete and return the Volunteer Form if you are interested in teaching or aiding this year.
- Step 4: Register your child(ren) in the appropriate classes by completing the Student Enrollment Form. Following this step, you will be directed to Our Sunday Visitor (OSV) for payment.
- Step 5: Using the OSV site, pay your tuition and fees by debit/credit card.
*You may choose to create a new account or do a Quick Give.
*Under Gift Information, select YFF Fees.
- Look for an email confirming the completion of the registration process.
Note that a $20 per child late fee will be assessed for registrations processed after July 31, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Renee Cwik in the Religious Education Office at (630) 615-7614.