The mission of St. Raphael’s Religious Education Program is, with the assistance of the parents, to help the children know Christ, love Christ, and follow Christ. This means that, regardless of age, the program helps the children…
• Know and Understand the “Good News” – Younger children learn about Jesus and how to “love God and one another”. Older children learn about the life of Christ and the tenets of the Catholic faith such as the Sacraments, Commandments, Beatitudes, etc.
• Develop and Deepen Their Faith – Children realize the importance of Jesus in their lives and how they need to rely on him for help.
• Pray – Children learn how to pray and why it is important.
• Serve Others – Children learn the importance of helping others without expecting something in return.
Religious Education Classes
Grades 1 – 6
Religious Education is a partnership between the family and the church. Our goal is to raise faith-filled children together. Formal faith formation begins in Grade 1. Classes are taught onsite. Scroll down for parent resources and important forms.
Sundays: 8:30-9:45 am
Sundays: 6:15-7:30 pm
First Reconciliation & Holy Communion
Grades 1 – 2
Preparation and celebration of First Reconciliation is held in the fall during 2nd grade. Celebration of First Holy Communion is held in the spring during 2nd grade. It is necessary to complete both Grade 1 and Grade 2 to receive Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. Older children who did not receive their sacraments in Grade 2 may participate in a special sacramental preparation program.
Click on the button below for information on our 2020-2021 First Communion program.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word
Age 4 – Grade 2
Cancelled due to COVID restrictions.
On Sundays during the 9:00 am Mass, children have the opportunity to participate in Children’s Liturgy of the Word. Children are lead out of church before the First Reading and return Preparation of the Gifts. During that time, kids hear the readings on their level, listen to a homily, pray the Prayers of the Faithful, and the Creed. There is no registration necessary. Listen for Father to ask the children who would like to participate to come forward during the 9:00 am mass
Totus Tuus Summer Camp
Rising 1st – 6th Graders
The Totus Tuus Grade School Program is designed for children entering 1st through 6th grades. The program is held at St. Raphael for one week and is run by Diocesan-trained college-age catechists. Children learn about their faith, participate in daily Mass and take part in a number of fun activities throughout each day.
The camp is held onsite for one week in June or July. Registration opens in early spring.
- Welcome Letter
- Grades 1-6 YFF Schedule
- Photo Opt-out Form
- Internet Safety Guide
- Understanding and Preventing Child Abuse
- General Permission Form
- Medical Release Form
- Adult Medical Release Form
- Catechist Annual Formation Log
- Student Evaluation Form
For more information, contact:
Director of Religious Education
Religious Education Office