Religious Education Apostolate for Christian Handicapped (REACH)
The REACH program helps students:
- Play, work, and pray happily with others.
- Develop a sense of awe, wonder, respect, gratitude and stewardship for God’s creation.
- Develop a sense of community and worship.
- Know that God loves, protects and provides for them.
- Recognize that prayer is talking with God.
- Explore in active ways the Bible stories that form the Catholic Christian faith.
- Celebrate their place in God’s family.
The REACH program welcomes children who:
- Are at least 6 years of age by September 1st.
- Need a program at a slower pace with simplified lessons and a small student to instructor ratio.
- Want to feel a part of a faith community.
- Want to learn more about God’s love.
Registration Information & Directions
Information: Registration is open!
- Registration for only returning students.
- Registration is open and must be submitted on or before June 1st.
- Registration must be completed on a computer. You will not be able to successfully complete the three required steps from your phone.
- Registration is not considered processed, and your child(ren) will not be placed in a class until the below has been completed.
- Read the Welcome Back Letter from our REACH Coordinator Jeanne McDonald
- Click on Registration Link
- Select REACH-2023/2024 from the drop down menu.
- Medical Form-Diocese of Joliet Permission/Medical Release for Minors this form is included in the registration link. Permission/Medical Release for Minors-to be filled out (Medical Form) Save completed fillable form. Send completed medical information form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Persons with Disabilities Form- click here to fill out the form
Our REACH Program
Children are grouped according to age and/or ability. Each group has a Lead Catechist and each student is assigned a Helper Catechist. Classes are held twice a month from September to April. Sessions are from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and follow a routine. Each class begins with prayer. Students then work on a craft that relates to the day’s lesson. The Lead Catechist then conducts a formal lesson and concludes the lesson with prayer. Finally, all the groups come together for snack time, singing, sharing, and socializing.
One of the special events at REACH happens in December. Families are invited to attend the REACH Advent mass. Students participate in all areas of the mass and prepare a special program. The mass is followed by a reception and a visit from Santa.
The REACH program also provides sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation.
For more information about the REACH program or to register, call the Religious Education office at (630) 615-7614.