Thank you for your interest in registering your child(ren) in our Religious Education/Youth Faith Formation Program for 2020-2021. All grades will be meeting virtually for the first four weeks of the program starting the week of October 4th. In November we hope to start meeting in person.
You must be a registered parishioner at St. Raphael in order to enroll your child(ren). For more information on becoming a parishioner please contact our parish office at 630-615-7615.
Grades 1-6 (Religious Education)
Classes will begin on a virtual platform the week of October 4th. Classes will continue virtually throughout the month of October. We hope to transition to in-person classes in the month of November, if it is safe to do so.
Days and times for both virtual and in-person class sessions are as follows:
- Sunday 8:30-9:45 am, Grades 1-6
- Sunday 6:15-7:30 pm, Grades 1-6
First Holy Communion – Preparation for First Communion is a two-year program. Therefore, parents should enroll their child in 1st grade if they wish for their child to receive the sacrament in 2nd grade. For students in 2nd grade who did not attend a 1st grade program, parents should contact the Religious Education Office. Students beyond 2nd grade who need First Communion will need to discuss the situation with the Director of Children’s Religious Education.
If your child was baptized at another parish, please note that we will need his or her baptismal certificate on file before he or she can be placed in a class.
Grades 7-10 (Youth Faith Formation)
Grade 7 – This year focuses on the Theology of the Body for Middle School Teens. Curriculum may change if sessions are virtual all year. If students are able to meet in person come November it will likely be on Sundays.
Grade 8 is the start of the Confirmation Program. In the past students would meet on Sundays and in the homes of the catechists. Due to COVID the groups will be meeting virtually until November when we hope to have in person sessions. If we are able to have in-person meetings then they will occur at St. Raphael’s likely on Sundays.
Grade 9 continues the Confirmation Program. Students will generally be in the same group as in 8th grade. Any student registering for 9th grade must have completed the 8th grade program. Catechists will be in contact with their groups to provide more specific details on when they will meet virtually and potentially in person in November.
Grade 10 – Students that have completed the first two years of the Confirmation Program will receive the sacrament in the fall (tentatively). These students still must be registered, pay the sacramental fee, and complete the requirements of the program to be confirmed.
Please note that the online registration form must be completed and payment made in full for the registration process to be completed. Only when we have received both your form and payment will your child be considered enrolled and placed in a class. Also, if your child was baptized at another parish, we must have a copy of the Baptismal Certificate on file in order for your child to be enrolled.
Enrollment and placement is done on a first-come, first-served basis. If a tuition waiver or payment on an installment basis is required, please contact the Religious Education Office.
- Step 1: Print and complete the 2020-2021 Tuition Worksheet.
- Step 2: Register your child(ren) in the appropriate classes by completing the family and student enrollment form. Following this step, you will be directed to Our Sunday Visitor (OSV) for payment.
- Step 3: Using the OSV site, pay your tuition and fees by debit/credit card.
- You may choose to create a new account or do a Quick Give
- Under Gift Information, select YFF Fees.
- Step 4: Print, complete and return via email or mail the Medical Form to the Religious Education Office. (This form must be on file before your child’s first class.)
- Step 5: Print, complete and return via email or mail the Volunteer Form if you are interested in teaching or aiding this school year.
- Look for an email confirming your completion of the registration process.
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Children’s RE or Director of Youth Ministry: