Parish Reopening Information
We are happy to announce the revisions to COVID-19 Protocols as of June 11
- As of June 11, 2021, St Raphael is 100% OPEN, at full capacity for seating!
- The Church will be open daily till 6 pm for private prayer. The weekend mass schedule remains the same for now: Saturday: 5:00pm vigil; Sunday: 8:00am, 10:00am & 12:00pm.
- At this point wearing a mask is optional depending on your comfort level.
- An area is available for parishioners that are uneasy sitting with unmasked individuals.
- The dispensation to attend Sunday Mass remains in place for the time being, with the Diocese’s intention is to provide parishes and parishioners the opportunity to navigate and adjust to these new guidelines and protocols.
We are happy to announce the revisions to COVID-19 Protocols as of May 18
With the change in Illinois to the Bridge Phase on Friday, May 14, we are revising our procedures and expanding church capacity.
- We will still require registration with a capacity limit of 720 people.
- Masks are still required.
- Six-foot minimum distancing is NO longer required but at least arms-length distance is recommended between households. Two sections of pews will be reserved for those uncomfortable with arms-length and wish to remain 6 feet apart.
- People will line up for Communion as we did pre-Covid, please follow the instructions provided by the hospitality ministers.
- Those wishing to receive Communion on the tongue will continue to line up at the back of the church, just as you are doing now.
- At this time, dispensation from the requirement to attend Mass is still in place.